Saturday, March 30, 2013

Voice thread in teaching

 Voice Thread is a popular online tool for teaching.
 T he best thing of it is that it provides students and teacher a place to have direct interactions, and to comment by different types of media on an artifact.
  Besides, it can be a great online classroom, because no matter where the students or teachers are,they can communicate with Voice Thread instantly and frequently. They can hear and watch each other to know the peers' thinking and the teacher's feedback/
 Also, Voice Thread can help to record the progress of study,or even build an e-portfolio on it.
 This week, I tried to make a Voice Thread class on the topic of language use in Quebec, it's quite interesting to hear myself, and see the class content I designed. I commented on 2 peers.Erin's and Yuechen's, I find they clearly explain how to use Voice Thread, and chose an interesting topic to let students talk more.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using VT as an e-potfolio to show progress over time. Students themselves are often unaware of how much they have learned and this is a good way for them to see how far they have come.

    ReplyDelete